The President shall:
a. Preside at all meetings of this local PTA/PTSA.
b. Coordinate the work of the officers and committees of this local PTA/PTSA in order that the purposes may be promoted.
c. Submit this local PTA/PTSA officers’ contact information form and verification of this local PTA/PTSA’s employer identification number (EIN) to the Virginia PTA state office immediately upon election of officers annually.
d. Perform such other duties as may be prescribed in these bylaws.
e. Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees of this local PTA/PTSA except the nominating committee.
- Run PTA meetings
- Meet with Principal before each PTA meeting to coordinate.
- Run 3 board meetings each school year (Aug, Dec, May)
- Reply to vendors and parents and teachers in a timely fashion
- Work with treasurer on budget planning and changes over the school year
- Attend PTA sponsored events
- Supervise and direct committee chairs if questions arise beyond the board member overseeing their activities
- Check mail in the office and redirect / review as needed
- Maintain supply of yellow paper for PTA copies in the office
Other: Attend VA PTA and FC PTA trainings as desired